Businesses are opting for outsourced help desk support because it boosts productivity and cuts overall costs, but the question then becomes “which support model will better align to my business strategy, framework and goals?”
Many considerations come into play when deciding whether a shared or dedicated support help desk model best suits the needs of your organization: Factors typically include budget, call volume, and what exact services are required from the help desk support team. Below, I’ll cover the top reasons for shared and dedicated support models to help you determine which better supports your business needs.
- Costs: Shared support is billed by usage (per call) / monthly service flat rate
- Client support: Shared support provides support to more than one client
- Service Scope: Our dedicated support model includes a larger service scope: Basic troubleshooting, password resets, break/fix instructions, ticket escalations and routing.
- Talent Pool: Our techs provide Tier 0-Tier 2 IT support levels with proficiencies in Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and common software.
- Technology: Dedicated support utilizes ServiceNow, Five9, and Bomgar.
Shared Support is likely better if you have call volumes that are lower and less predictable or you experience seasonal spikes then a shared support model might be for you since you are billed for the time that you support customers, rather than a fixed amount.
- Predictability with Costs: Experiencing a sudden ticket surge, say because of a security breach or a server migration error? No problem here at all. With a dedicated support model, your costs are billed at a fixed rate per agent regardless of the ticketing spikes.
- Personalization: Dedicated support is dedicated solely to you and only you, acting as an extension of your own team.
- Service Scope: Our dedicated support model includes a larger service scope: Basic troubleshooting, password resets, break/fix instructions, ticket escalations, routing, application troubleshooting, software installs, printer install and configuration and remote desktop assistance.
- Talent Pool: Our techs provide Tier 0-Tier 2 IT support levels with proficiencies in Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, common and proprietary software.
- Technology: Dedicated support utilizes ServiceNow, Five9, Bomgar and Jitterbit.
Dedicated Support is great if your company typically has higher call volumes, prefers the predictability of fixed fees and you want a team that acts as an extension of your business, rather than an aid.
For more information, please click here to see our Remote Help Desk data sheet.
Still not sure which model is best for you? Click below to schedule a consultation with our Workplace Services expert to help select the option best suited for your business needs.
Marketing Manager at Astreya