Transforming The Workspace
Explore our recent collection of insights on what companies need to do now as they continue on the path to the next normal.
Safety and Compliance.
As businesses look to next steps there are obvious changes to be considered and there are others that are less noticeable. In the post-coronavirus workforce, there are many industry, regional, and logistical aspects to keep in mind.
- Social Distancing Standards
- PPE Standards for your workforce
- Country-by-Country guidelines
- Sanitization best practices
Office and Conference Room Management
For most of our clients, reconfiguring potentially hundreds of office spaces and conference rooms around the globe is a daunting task involving expertise they do not have in house.
- Assess services for on-site tech bar, remote help desk, AV services, and field tech
- Conference and Office Space reconfigurations
- Supporting remote users
- Best practices for setting up remote workers
Supporting a Hybrid Work Environment.
Proactive. Always on.
One of the challenges organizations are facing in this recovery phase is the tension between getting back to work and rethinking work as they embrace a new reality.
- Assessing the role of central service desk
- Smart hands services
- Flexible IT Asset Management
- White glove support of office users
- Improved management of business risk and service disruption
- Mobile Help Desk
- Smart Lockers
Planning for What’s Next.
The way we communicate and work has drastically changed and created a powerful remote employee experience. With the removal of face-to-face interaction and small proportions of employees returning to the office, employers are finding it more difficult than ever to measure, maintain, and implement a cohesive, positive experience and culture across their workforce.
- IT asset management to ensure situational flexibility
- Business continuity plan
- Engaging and caring for your workforce